Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Wednesday Wag Out!

Nut Perfume

Mom doesn't wear traditional perfume anymore due to the chemicals they contain. These days she wears essential oils but she was really interested when I showed her this nut perfume.

This nut perfume comes from the Creme Perfume Company. They work with perfumers and local artisans in France to develop nature identical oil blends using certified organic ingredients. By using pure plant and fruit extracts, they create perfumes that are phthalate free and that contain no sulfates, petro-chemicals, synthetic dyes, etc. The bottom line is that there isn't anything harmful in the perfumes.

The perfumes are also cruelty free which means they weren't tested on animals. Yeah! Animals don't wear perfume and I can't believe that everyone doesn't know this. We have a nice, natural odor that is way more stinky than any old perfume.

There are many delicious scents to choose from and Mom is putting the one shown above, Forest Terre, on her Christmas list. Can you believe that you can get this cool perfume at Sephora? It's true. Mom tells me that they're getting lots of eco-friendly products and this makes her very happy.

Recycled Rubber Purse

Mom's Christmas list just keeps growing and growing. I guess I am partly to blame for this because I keep finding cool things for her.

In the past couple of years, Mom has been limiting the amount of leather she buys. She still has a few pairs of leather shoes but she doesn't carry leather purses anymore. This great looking purse may look like leather but it's made from used inner tubes. What a great way to upcycle!

The idea behind the handbags at English Retreads came when Heather English, owner and designer, was floating down Boulder Creek in an inner tube. Heather was a vegetarian that needed a new handbag, but she didn't want another leather bag. This is when the light bulb went off and the next thing you know, she's making handbags.

It should come as no surprise to anyone that this company is based in Boulder, Colorado. There are so many eco-friendly businesses in Colorado that it makes Mom want to move there. Wait. Didn't they just get a foot of snow in Denver? Knock yourself out Mom because I'm staying here in Chicago!

The coolest part about these handbags, besides the style, is that the inner tubes come from truck
stops in the Boulder area. Heather says it the best when she talks about the inner tubes.
"Just think of all the places these tubes have been," she says. "Now it's your turn to add to their miles and adventures." I couldn't have said it any better. Head on over to http://www.gogreenitems.com/ to get a handbag that has been around the block

Dog De-funkifier

I try not to take it so personally when Mom tells me that I smell. Of course I smell! I have a very unique pug odor that the chicks dig. This is why I never want to take a bath. It was not my idea to add this item to my list today, but Mom insisted that dog owners everywhere would be interested in it. Whatever!

Who would ever think that there would be a Dog De-funkifier? The name alone makes you want to check it out, that is unless you're a dog. This light cleansing mist doesn't cover up odor. Nope. It actually helps remove odors by using plant extracted essential oils. A couple sprays and your coat will be shiny, fresh, and conditioned.

The company that makes Dog De-funkifier, Dancing Dingo, is based in Austin, Texas and they are committed to giving back to the community. A percentage of all of Dog De-funkifier profits go directly to organizations dedicated to caring for homeless and in-need animals.

I'm not sure if any dogs out there want this Dog De-funkifier, but I bet their parents will. If so, they can buy it at http://www.econsciousmarket.com/, an online retailer that also gives back to the community. This Boulder, Colorado company lets you choose which non-profit organization will receive up to 10% of your purchase. How cool is that? A double win-win for everyone!

8 comments:

Paula said...

Stubby, you are the greatest shopper l'natural. I love it when you show us these goodie finds.

Stubby said...

Hi Paula! Thanks for the compliment. There is so much l'natural stuff out there to discover and I love bringing it to all my blogging friends.

Stubby xoxo

Sequoia & Petunia & Emma said...

Stubby we know you smells great no matter whats! But thanks for sharing the info about the de-funky dog stuff! We may have to get some for my stinky sister Sequoia!

Tuni

Stubby said...

Hi Tuni! I'm glad you agree with me on the smell thing. Some people just don't appreciate the sweetness of the pug odor.

Too funny that you want to get some de-funky for Sequoia. I'm sure she won't like it but it will make her smell better.

Stubby xoxo

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Hi Stubby
thank you for sharing.
We all need to be educated on what helps us and the environment.
We love natural stuff - like cedar boughs and juniper, and lavender.
love
tweedles

THE PUGLET said...

My human says THANKS for telling us about the Dog De-funkifier!!!

Her words:

Puglet recently discovered the joys of rolling in dead things. And not just any dead things - giant, rotting, stinky dead things (we're talking the bloated, decomposing bodies of large sea mammals).

He's had two baths in the last week to remove 'eau de dead sea lion'... and still stinks. We *definitely* need Dog De-funkifier because Puglet is FUN-KY!

Stubby said...

Hi Tweedles! You are so right that we need to be educated and need to educate other about what's good for the environment. I'm so glad you're doing your part to spread the word.

I too love natural things like fresh cut grass, fallen leaves, and bird feathers. Natural is the way to go.

Stubby xoxo

Stubby said...

Hi Puglet! I'm so glad you stopped by. I didn't post the Dog De-funkifier specifically for you, but I'm glad I could help. I'm quite stinky too, but not from rolling around in dead things - yuk! A dead sea lion? What were you thinking? Funky indeed!

Stubby xoxo