Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Barkwells is the Bomb!

I am having the time of my life at Barkwells! This vacation stuff is a lot of fun and now I know why Mom and Dad do it all the time.

This is the entrance to Barkwells. It's kind of hidden away on a little dead end road, so it's not easy to find. We are kind of out in the country here and it's so nice and peaceful. Mom and I slept in this morning because we couldn't even hear the birds singing even though there are tons of birds here.


This is the road up to our cabin. We are staying in the Lacey cabin which is the one at the top of the picture.


Wipe your paws - or else! Check out that cool doggy door. I cannot use it because it is a little too high for me, but I'm sure my buddy Salinger would love it because he has one at home.


This is my backyard. There are steps to the yard off of the deck, but I take the ramp because I can't handle steps anymore. There was a lot of mail waiting for me when I arrived because this place is hopping!


This is the back of our cabin. The deck is huge and I've been spending lots of time cruisin all around it. There is even a big bowl of water on the deck so that I don't have to go inside when I get thirsty.


I walk down to the lake every morning with Mom. I even walk on the dock but there is no way that I am going in that water. Here I am looking for mail on my way back to the cabin.

It's a little hot here as you can see by my big noseguard. Mom makes sure that I don't get overheated, so when my noseguard gets too big, she takes me inside to sit in the air conditioning. Here I am heading back inside after being at the lake. I love that fact that I don't have to be on my leash when I'm out walking.

There are chickens here too. They live in a yard in between cabin 1 and 2, and I stop by to say hi to them when I am out walking. I am going to try to steal an egg tomorrow morning so that Dad can fry it up for me.

Tilly the German Shepherd was staying at the cabin next door when we first got here, but she left and now Sheena the Maltese is here. I was hanging out with Sheena this afternoon and she is very cool. I also met Baxter and Patty who live with the owners of Barkwells. They both jumped in the lake while Sheena and I laughed at them. There are other dogs here too, but I haven't met them. Last week there was even a pot belly pig!

I can't believe that we are leaving in a couple of days. I could definitely stay here longer than just 5 days, but we need to get to Indy to meet up with all the Indy pugs.

9 comments:

Puglette said...

hi stubby! wow, that barkwells place looks awesome! we love taking our puggies to pug friendly placesand this place looks great. i wish it was closer to washington state.
hugs,
puglette
:o)

Stubby said...

Hey Puglette - We need more places like Barkwells! Your puggies would love this place because there is so much to do.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am headed over to check out yours.

Stubby xoxo

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Hi Stubby what a fun at that barkwells. You are very lucky to get to go there! I am jealous. It is a beautiful place!
Enjoy your visit!
love
tweedles

Apollo said...

Oh what fun! I love your cabin! I can't wait to vacation there!

Kelly said...

Stubby, this vacation looks GREAT! Everything there is catered to YOU and your needs, which is exactly how it should be if ya ask me! :)

I am so glad you're having good time... my Momma is stuck here at a desk in her office, and when she saw that big beautiful deck and all those trees, she almost hopped in her car and came to join ya! :)

Archie and Melissa said...

hi stubby!
oh that looks like paradise! what a great vacation! we cannot wait to see the pictures from the meet up!
we wish we could go too.

xoxoxo
m & e

The Devil Dog said...

Well, that looks like the perfect vacation spot. I'm with you, Stubby, I wouldn't go in the pond, but Lucky would. And we could laugh at her.
Enjoy your time.

Roxy

Sandra y Coco Pug said...

Hi Stubby!!! I missed you! Mom read all your posts to me, though so i was keeping in touch. I liked what you wrote about me when I gave you the award. Thank you friend!
Also, this place looks awesome! it's in N.C. right? how great that you will meet a lot of our bloggy buddies!!!! what a great week this will be for you. Please take a lot of pictures!
Coco

Unknown said...

we are SO going to this place....