Thursday, September 17, 2009

Save 90 a Day!

Does this look familiar? Is this you? If so, the Eco Dentistry Association's campaign "Save 90 A Day" is for you!

Did you know that the average person wastes at least 90 glasses of water every day by leaving the tap running while brushing their teeth? 90 glasses! Running the water - wasting water - is a big no-no. Why run the water when you aren't using it?

These 90 glasses a day translate to 27 billion glasses of water every day. Wow! We are talking about perfectly clean, drinkable, water. Water that some people would kill for is going right now the drain. Shame on us!

The "Save 90 a Day" campaign's goals are to raise awareness about how much water is wasted when left on while brushing your teeth and to get people to break this bad habit. Water is our most precious resource and wasting it should be a crime. Simply put - don't run the water unless you are using it and use it wisely.

If you are guilty of this "eco-crime", please take the "Save 90 a Day" pledge here. By taking the pledge you are committing to not only your oral health but also to the health of the planet. Water is a finite resource and one that we must preserve. This is an easy way to make a difference and one that is easy to make.

I am committed to my oral health and to the health of our planet.
I agree to follow the advice of my dental professionals to brush my teeth twice a day and conserve ninety glasses of water every day by:

(1) Wetting my toothbrush under the water
(2) Turning off the tap
(3) Applying toothpaste
(4) Brushing my teeth for 2 minutes
(5) Filling a small glass with water
(6) Rinsing and swishing with water from the glass.
(7) Smiling!

14 comments:

Archie and Melissa said...

hi stubby!
oh what a great post! i must say i am guilty of this sometimes and now i will be even more mindful not to do it!

every drop counts!

xoxoxo
m & e

Stubby said...

Hi Melissa & Emmitt! Every drop does count and now that you are going to be more mindful about your water usage, you will be part of the solution and not part of the problem. Thanks for doing your part!

Stubby xoxo

Brutus, Ellie, Pippa and Otto said...

Hi Stubby, mom wanted us to let you know that she already does this. She thinks it's silly to leave the water running when you don't need it.

Pugs & Kisses,

Yoda & Brutus

Stubby said...

Hi Yoda & Brutus! I'm so glad to hear that your mom already does this. I hope that more people get with the program and start conserving water.

Stubby xoxo

Kelly said...

Hi sweet Stubby! Another great program!
Momma does not leave the water on while she brushes, but she does spend a lot of time swishing and rinsing with it on. We will be more mindful of that from now on!!
I hope you have a great weekend!

Stubby said...

Hi Pearly Poo! Swishing and rinsing with the water on is a no-no, and I'm glad your momma is going to be more mindful of that now.

Lucky for me I don't brush my teeth. They are too yucky now to start brushing, so I am not wasting any water.

Stubby xoxo

Sequoia & Petunia & Emma said...

We love these posts Stubby. Mom does this but Dad is so guilty here. Mom is putting a glass next to his sink maybe he will finally use it! Thanks.

Stubby said...

Hi Sequoia & Petunia! I'm so glad you love my posts. Everyone needs a little helpful info, don't they?

I hope your dad starts using the glass your mom puts next to his sink. Will you guys please play police and watch him to make sure he uses it? Less water usage by us now means more for everyone in the long run.

Stubby xoxo

Sandra y Coco Pug said...

Hi Stubby! Mom is trying to do this everyday now! I DO this everyday I wash my teeth though. I am a very green pug.
Hugs
Coco

Stubby said...

Hi Coco! I'm so glad your mom does this every day - good for her!

You are a green pug and you are setting an example for other pugs to follow.

Stubby xoxo

Salinger The Pug said...

Green Pug! HAHAHAA...that sounds funny.

Don't worry dude...mom is always screeching at Holden to "SHUT THE #$%@ WATER OFF" while he's brushing his teeth. Maybe one of these days, he'll get it. I'm going to show him your post and maybe he'll understand.

Thanks buddy!

Love,
S-Dog

Stubby said...

Salinger dude - what is so funny about green pug??? Are you picturing an actual pug dyed green - like for St. Patrick's Day? You crack me up dude!

I hope that Holden understand the seriousness of his actions after reading my post. Thanks for showing it to him. Please remind him that there might not be any water in his future if he doesn't take steps now to conserve it.

Stubby xoxo

Hank said...

Stub, buddy.....I am so proud o' yer mom fer postin' this. 'Specially the part about brushin' fer TWO minutes! (My mom's a dental highjenust, ya know.)

Stubby said...

Hey Hank - thanks for stopping by. I didn't know that your mom was a dental highjenust. You must have really great teeth, huh?

Mom says my teeth are real yucky and I tell her it's all her fault. Why didn't she take better care of me when I was a baby? I've had two dentals in the past but now I'm too old.

Stubby xoxo