Saturday, February 21, 2009

Guess What's Back?

This is what I woke up to today. I know it looks pretty but the old snow was all gone and now we have more - yuk! I heard on the news last night that it was going to start snowing after midnight, but I really didn't believe it. I was sound asleep at midnight so I couldn't check the prediction first hand, but I couldn't believe my eyes when I woke up.

You can see that the pond only has a little open water. Last week, there was triple the open water and we had quite a few visitors. This morning we only had a few sleeping ducks. I don't know how they can sleep on the cold ice, with the wind whipping their feathers and the snow falling on their heads, but Mom tells me it doesn't really bother them. I will take a nice warm cozy bed over a cold pond anytime. I am glad that I'm not a duck.

By mid morning when the snow finally stopped, we had received about 5 inches of snow. Of course I had to go out to do my business, but I needed to go so bad that I didn't even wait for Dad to snovel me a path - I was blazing my own trail. Luckily Mom did not get any photos of this event because I am really too quick for her.

I have decided that I need a day off, so I am going to stay in and relax today. Mom has lots of work to do and Dad is busy in the basement making furniture. I am going to find a nice warm place to curl up and sleep. This will probably be me later today, dreaming of warm weather and of course, Popeye's.

No comments: