Thursday, July 24, 2008

No Way Home

Mom started reading this book the other day. No Way Home is about the decline of the world's great animal migrations. I know what you are thinking - another sad book. Sad yes, but hopeful as well.

The first part of the book deals with animals in the skies - birds and insects. Mom loves birds, so this part is right up her alley. She told me that she learned lots of things that she didn't know.

The second part of the book deals with animals on the land - wildebeest and bison. She is still reading this part, but says that she hopes one day to visit the Seregenti and witness the migration (if the animals are still there) for herself. This is yet another trip that I will not be taking, thank you.

The third part of the book deals with animals in the water - sea turtles and whales. I think you know how this part is going to turn out. You know mom and her crazy sea turtles. Her good friend Carole is crazy about sea turtles and whales, so this is a must read for Carole, too.

Seriously though, this book is not only informational but inspirational. I highly recommend that everyone putting this on their summer reading list even though mom's zoo friend Helen thinks it will be another depressing book. Like my mom always says - if Jane Goodall still has hope, then so do I.

No comments: