Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Wednesday Wag Out!

Just Soap

I love this idea - handmade soap that is blended by a bicycle! This smart guy in Massachusetts knew that making soap the old fashioned way would take hours of stirring, so he decided to make a one-of-a-kind bicycle-powered soap blender. This eco-friendly machine turns out large batches of soap that is all natural, biodegradable, and of course never tested on animals. There are lots of really good scents like lavender rosemary, lemongrass ginger, and almond cornmeal. At just under $3.00 for a 3.5 oz bar of soap this is one of the best deals on soap I have seen in a long time. Head on over to http://www.justsoap.com/ for some pedal powered, good clean fun.

Dog Bed


I have two beds that I sometimes sleep in, but Mom is also looking for a new bed for me. When I told her about Eco Naps, she told to pick out the color I wanted.

What is so special about Eco Naps? The mats are made with eco fabric, which is milled in the good old USA of 85% post consumer recycled plastic. Instead of going to the landfill, bottles are turned into stylish dog beds. The beds are even machine washable which makes Mom really happy. I just can't believe that I'm going to be sleeping on old soda bottles, but if it's good for the environment, then I will do it. Get Eco Naps for all your dog pals at http://www.westpawdesign.com/.

Green Birdhouse

Everyone knows that Mom is bird crazy, so when she found this product she begged me to put it on my blog. I like the birds, but sometimes they keep me from going out in my yard. Maybe this will keep them out of my space so that I can have my yard back.

These birdhouses are made from 100% recycled, laminated paperboard. It has a natural water resistance so your little birds and their babies won't get wet. The houses are designed for small songbirds, but if you are like us, you may only get sparrows. Like I always tell Mom, every mommy needs a place to raise her babies, so leave the sparrows alone!

The birdhouse are designed to last only one nesting season, so after the babies have fledged, off to the compost bin the house goes. It is completely biodegradable, including the cotton rope that is used to hang it. You can also decorate your birdhouse but keep in mind that materials you use on it may affect its biodegradability. I would just leave it natural because it looks really nice that way. Spring is almost here so log onto http://www.greenbirdhouse.com/ to pick up a few houses for your backyard birds.

2 comments:

Henry the Dog said...

Those are brilliant - those bird houses excellent. I think mum will end up ordering one or two of those.

Stubby said...

Hey Henry - Sometimes I think Mom loves the birdies more than me. Mom hasn't decided how many birdhouses to order because she first needs to figure out where to hang them. Hopefully the birdies will bring the bunnies and then I will be happy - all the yummy bunny poop to eat!