Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Thanks Again Puglet!

I've been so busy on my road trip that I haven't even had time to do a blog post. Crazy, huh? We left Cali yesterday but I still have more to tell you about the time I spent there. I had such an awesome time and it still all seems like it was a dream. But it wasn't and neither was the Stubby World Tour Meetup that was held on Saturday. My best pal Puglet organized it and it was a great success!

Like I said before, I won't let the fog ruin my vacation and as we cruised to Crissy Field I just knew the fog was going to go away as soon as the sun woke up. Despite the fog and cold the beach was calling my name.

Puglet and Dutch pulled into the parking lot right behind us. Dutch loves the beach and brought Henrietta rubber chicken with him. I had never met Henrietta before so I was psyched to meet her.

Dad brought my buggy just in case I couldn't walk on the sand. I told him that I wasn't going to need it but Puglet sure was glad I had it. He thought it was the coolest thing and jumped right in ready to go for a ride.

Dad hates to be in pictures but I talked him into taking a picture with me. My reasoning? I told him that I needed to document my world tour/road trip. Duh!

Do you guys remember that Puglet did a blog post last week inviting everyone in the blogsphere to the meetup? I didn't know who was going to show up but I was ready to welcome everyone with open paws. One of the first guys to show up was Petey. He was a lot of fun to hang out with. And he loves food just as much as I do.

Petey brought his brother Brody with him and this guy was so cool. He loved playing in the water and fetched the ball his mom threw for nearly an hour. I give him a lot of credit because he didn't mind the cold water one bit. There was no way I was dipping my tootsies in that water. No way!

Don't Puglet and Petey look a lot alike? That's Puglet in the back and him and Petey had a great time playing. It seemed like they were old friends even though it was the first time they had met.

It was so cold that Dad got a blanket out of the car and wrapped it around himself. It was cold but it wasn't that cold. I don't know what got into him but he sure did look like a tourist!

I was playing on the beach when all of a sudden I turned around and saw these gals. It's Zoey and Phoebe and I'm so glad they came out to meet me. They were super cool and had a great time playing with Puglet's ladybug toy.

Every time I turned my back someone else showed up. This is Spencer with his pretty mommy. They came all the way from East Bay and I can't thank them enough for being part of my special day.

Spencer even brought Bellatrix with him. They are best friends and hardly go anywhere without each other. Bellatrix's mom had to work but Spencer's mom talked her into letting Bellatrix come with Spencer. I'm so glad everything worked out because Spencer without Bellatrix is like peanut butter without jelly!

I had such a great time at the meetup. I felt so honored to have my friends come out and be part of my world tour. Even Danielle, one of Puglet's friends, came out to meet me and she doesn't even have a pug.

As if having my friends at the beach wasn't enough, Puglet's mom Amanda brought Popeyes to the meetup. A whole bowl of Popeyes all for us. How cool is that? It was total chaos as Amanda doled out the delicious nuggets. Nom, nom, nom! I wish I could show you how all the action went down but I am having technical difficulties downloading the pics and video. Bummer!

Thank you again Puglet for being the perfect tour guide, host, and best friend. I sure hope you make it to Chicago one day so I can return the favor.

As we headed back to Half Moon Bay, I saw this place in the town of Pacifica and asked Dad to stop the car. This place looked so familiar to me and Dad reminded me that I had seen it on Triple D - Diners, Drive-ins & Dives. This is Gorilla BBQ and any place with BBQ in it's name has my name all over it. I could hardly contain myself as the aroma of the food wafted through the car and into my nostrils. I so wanted to eat my portion in the car but Mom told me that it would make a mess. A mess? Our car is already so messy that a little bbq sauce would just add to it's character.

I waited impatiently until we got back to the cottage and then feasted my eyes on my dinner. Ribs and brisket for me, please! Give Mom that nasty rice and beans because I don't want it taking up any room in my belly. Oh, and leave the mac and cheese for my midnight snack.

I guess the look on my face says it all. All that meat after all that playing made me so sleepy. The bbq was so delicious that I thought about getting some to take back home. I guess I'll just have to order it online and have it delivered.

While I slept, Mom and Dad went to see this guy. Every night at sunset, the hotel has a guy play the bagpipes. They have been so busy that they missed him the three previous nights so since this was our last night in Half Moon Bay, they strolled over to the hotel to see him. A wedding had just taken place and the flower girls were throwing flowers all over the place.

I was still asleep when Mom and Dad arrived back at the cottage but I told them I was wide awake. Of course they didn't believe me because they know me too well. I was tired but happy and didn't want the day to end. I will dream about this day for the rest of my days.

11 comments:

Simply Pug said...

WOW! You pugs must have had a lot of fun! Was it really cold over there? Very hard to believe it because here it's upper 90s.

Pugs2Luv said...

It was a great day. We loved having you & your Mom & Dad in town. We definitely will always remember our day with Stubby. We hope you have a great rest of your world tour.
Luv, Zoey & Phoebe
P.S. can you believe it was in the 90s in San Francisco & the upper 80s in Half Moon Bay?

Archie and Melissa said...

hi stubby!

oh emmitt and i got goosebumps reading about your trip so far!

we know there is so much more and cannot wait.

your meet up was absolutely magical.

we wish we could have been there too!

xoxoxo
m & e

THE PUGLET said...

Dude!

I had a ton of fun and miss you already. Can't wait to hear about the next stop on the tour. The Smushie Moon pic of facebook was very cool. Magical, like Emmitt said.

I think we should cater the next World Tour with that Gorilla BBQ stuff instead of Popeyes.

PS
What the heck is a brisket?

JJ Lynne said...

this looks like so much fun. so many lovely dogs and humans, too! glad to hear your road trip is fun-filled so far :]

Two Pugs in a Pod said...

Yeah! Puglet's world tour, next stop Chicago! We's definitely in for a meetup. (And don't forget the Popeye's!)

Klaus & Natty

Kelly said...

Oh Stubby, your trip just keeps getting better! It sounds like you are having a BLAST, which you and your family so deserve.

Be safe in your travels!!!

xoxox

Corbin said...

Looks like a really fun time! I love puggies!
-Corbin

SpencerBartholomew said...

I now know why Puglet has a bromance with Stubby- he is one awesome dude. I've never met a more wiser & noble pug; we can all learn something from Stubby. I can't tell you how much fun my mom, grandma, Bellatrix & I had meeting you & your wonderful mom & dad. Grandma, mom & I are still talking about it. You guys rock! Can't wait to see what adventure you have next!

Sequoia & Petunia & Emma said...

Stubby this is one amazing trips...a billizion gazillion times better than ours (hey Mom we are still waiting on Popeyes here).

Hi Stubby! Its just me Tuni now I sent Sequoia off to orb some Popeyes out of Mom as Belly would say. Where did you find your Green Buggy? I like my red one but yours is so close to the ground and I really like that. Ok thanks!

Hugs,
Tuni

Apollo said...

Puglet and his family sure are some nice friends, to throw you such a big shin-dig. It looks like you all had an awesome time! I'm glad your World Tour was so much fun and so successful! I can't wait til the big Reunion in Indy! But I think I'm going to get to see you before that?