Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Sad News

My mom just told me that Mimi LaRue died yesterday. For those of you who don't know her, Mimi was Tori Spelling's pug. Now maybe I am just partial to pugs, but Mimi was THE pug. She lead the Hollywood life and was loved by everyone she met. As Tori put it "She was a star and a true lady, and she will be missed greatly. People everywhere knew her by name. I loved when fans wanted her over me. I felt proud!" Mimi died at home surrounded by her family, including Tori's husband Dean McDermott, 41, son Liam, 1, and newborn daughter Stella, 10 days old. As can be expected, Tori is devasted. Mimi had suffered from medical problems relating to her hips and neck for years. Tori is convinced that Mimi waited around to make sure that she had the daughter she had always dreamt about before she left us.Tori explained that Mimi was not just a dog, but a fashion ion and legend amongst Hollywood dogs. Mimi regularly received email and was always dressed to the nines when she walked the red carpet.

I will miss Mimi. Even though I never met her, I felt like I knew her and could relate to her on a pug level. Please keep Tori, Dean, Liam, and baby Stella in your prayers as they deal with this difficult time in their lives. And Tori, if you are reading this, whenever you come to Chicago, I will sit on your lap. I will give you kisses, snort in your face, and even let you dress me up.

No comments: