Friday, June 6, 2008

Seafood Choices: Key To Saving Troubled Waters

My mom does not eat seafood (or any meat for that matter) and it bothers her that people do. She tells me that most people do not realize the damage commercial fishing causes the delicate ocean ecosystem.

This clip from NBC Nightly News that aired last night sheds light on the ever increasing problem of overfishing. We she saw it, she told me that I should write about it on my blog to spread the message about this problem.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/24990893#24990893

The amount of fish caught everyday around the globe is mind boggling. This amount does not include the huge amount of bycatch that is caught everyday - everything from dolphins, to seals, to sea turtles.

Please do your part and leave my ocean friends where they belong - in the ocean and not on your plate.



No comments: